BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

#14- Send a Message in a Bottle

This is such a romantic idea. We hear about it all the time in movies and books. My friend Allison had told me about a time that her and some of her childhood friends had written a message and sent it in a bottle. A few years later they got a call from a man who had found the bottle washed up on the beach.

He reminded them of what they had wrote and told them that he had found it in St. Augustine (they threw it out in the middle of a cruise in the Bahamas!). The whole idea is very enchanting to me and I decided to give it a try.

I used a wine bottle from Paradise Springs winery that is based in Clifton, Virginia (my hometown). I thought this was very appropriate :) Here is a picture of the bottle and my message. I threw it over on Vilano Beach in St. Augustine, FL.... wonder if I will ever hear anything back?!


No comments:

Post a Comment