BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 17, 2011

#55- Airboat Ride on the Everglades

Another benefit of travelling down to Miramar is that it is right on the Everglades! The day after the bridal shower, Jessica and another friend, Nick decided to cross off this exciting one!

We drove a few minutes away from Jess' house and arrived at Everglades Holiday Park, known for their airboat rides. Now I have always seen these airboats on TV or movies, but I have never actually seen one in real life. I always thought that they have just a few people on it, but our airboat could fit 25! We got our number and waited in the heat until our airboat arrived to take us out.

Now the night before had been a little brutal to us with the bridal shower and all, and a few of us (cough, Nick, cough) were feeling a bit queasy. The boat got there and we took group pictures before we loaded up. Here is ours:



We put Nick on the end of our row so that in case of an emergency, the side of the boat was available to him. we had a great captain named Hernando. He was extremely energetic and seemed to truly love his job.



I was sure to ask Captain Hernando if I was going to see any alligators and he assured me that I would see quite a few. I got very excited. The only time I have ever seen alligators in person was when I went to the Alligator Farm (#5) so I was ready to see me some gators!

We got on our way and I was searching ferociously to spot something. I didn't really get to see anything until we got out into the open water and then I saw it.... those two little eyes in the water.



This is one of the creepiest things to me because all of these alligators all you can really see is their noses and eyes. You have no idea how big they are but Hernando said if you measure from their eyes to their nose that however many inches that is you can calculate into feet.

The airboat ride was a blast and we got to see some pretty cool wildlife. We also got back to shore just in time to beat an incoming storm! This was another fun one and I got to see some things I have never seen before!

Thanks to Jess and Nick for coming with me and being troopers in the heat :)


No comments:

Post a Comment