BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

#36- Go to Harry Potter World

When I found out that Universal Studios in Orlando was opening a Harry Potter World, I freaked. I joined their mailing list, getting constant updates on the progress of building, their opening and specials. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and was one of those kids that read the whole book through in the matter of a day without putting it down for a second.

My friend Jessica suggested doing a Universal Studios Day and I was finally going to get my shot to see this enchanting world that I have been dying to see since before it even opened. So Jess, along with Nick and Nicholas, headed to Orlando for a day of Wizarding World magic.

I cannot tell you the amount of excitement I had as we approached. It was everything I could've hoped it would be. Just seeing all of the details put into it and how accurate it was to the way I pictured it was amazing. I asked one of the workers if the castle was true to size and she laughed at me, but it seemed so real in my head.

We stood in line for the Forbidden Journey of Harry Potter for over an hour and a half and I was praying that it would be worth it. It was SO worth it. It was a roller coaster combined with a digital stimulator. It was amazing. I wanted to go again but the line was just way too long.

After the ride we headed down to Hogsmeade. We bought some butterbeer and it was delicious. You could only have a few sips though as it was very sweet. I went into Honey Duke's candy shop and bought a chocolate frog AND Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Jelly Beans.

We proceeded to try the different flavored jelly beans which consisted of flavors such as cinnamon, cherry and lemon but also included some disgusting flavors such as dirt, soap and the worst, rotten egg.

We enjoyed the rest of the day throughout the park but Harry Potter World was the highlight for me! Like a kid in a candy shop... literally :)



Another highlight of the day was when I got iced in the middle of the park by my dear friend, Nick. I struggled through the chug, but don't worry, I got him back later that night in the middle of Margaritaville :)

No comments:

Post a Comment