BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Good Story

Alright, we have had some debate about whether this would count for #60-Be in a Newspaper.

For those of you who don't know, I am a die-hard Redskins fan, through and through. As many of you probably know, my beloved Redskin's took a horrible, and very national, beating on Monday Night Football from the team I hate most in the league, the Eagles.

Being at school in Florida, I unfortunately am not surrounded by Skins fans like I am back home, so there is a group of us that meet to watch the games, smack talk the other team’s fans and have a few beers.

Monday night's game started off horrible from the first play. Vick, the Eagles Quarterback, through a down-the-field pass for a touchdown. Great. First play.

The first quarter went on and we were down 21-0. Eagle’s fans are the worst fans in the league. They are rude, obnoxious and just awful. There happened to be a few in the bar that were exemplifying some of these qualities. My friend Austin had the great idea to send him a note (see below) and a beer.

Along with this note, we sent an empty glass. Harmless joke, but so hilarious.

I took a picture of the note and posted it on my Twitter. Thanks to my friend Kader, the DC Sports Bog, a sports blog run by the Washington Post, received word of our shenanigans and posted it the following day. The DC Sports Bog

While we had great debate on whether this counted as being in a newspaper, I have come to the conclusion that it does not. Technology is amazing and we rely for most of our news from the internet, but I want something in print. Something I know cannot be deleted once distributed. So I will continue to try for #60!

Another interesting thing is how crazy that I am here in Florida and something that was done here would be published in DC.. the next day. Technology is pretty damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment