BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 30, 2010

#15- Ask a stranger on a date

Now this is probably one of the best nights I have ever had in St. Augustine. I am not one to give out my number, let alone ask people on dates, but with a little push from some girlfriends I did it.

Saturday night was the 10th Anniversary of Acapulco's (a nice Mexican restaurant on the intercoastal) opening. To celebrate, they had a DJ, $2 house margaritas, $3 top shelf margaritas and $3 tequila shots! Needless to say we were ready to party! I went with two of my girlfriends, Allison and Jerilyn, and we started right off the bat with some yummy margaritas.

The DJ was playing some great songs and he was defiantly easy on the eyes... I was in a great mood, dancing away in our booth. He called me out letting everyone know that if anyone was deaf they could just watch me to know the words of the song. I am somewhat of an interpretive dancer :)

My girlfriends kept pushing me to ask him for his number or to give him mine. Never! I couldn't do it! I made a deal with them that if he played "Gangster's Paradise" by Coolio that I would because I knew then it was fate. (If anyone ever goes to karaoke with me, that is my jam!)

As the night went on we danced, danced, danced. Once we were ready to move on to the next bar I hit the restroom before leaving and while in there my girlfriends wrote my name, aka. Gangster's Paradise and my number. Walking out of the bathroom he asked on the loud mic why they called me Gangster's Paradise and I quickly exited the room.

A few minutes later he texted me.. Danny the DJ. I grew a pair and asked him on a date. He told me that he didn't live in St. Augustine, but two hours away... Rejected.

Now I don't know if it really was because he lived two hours away or because Gangster's Paradise was written next to my number, but I do know that it felt empowering to put myself out there even if it didn't work out. Maybe I will try it more often... Ladies, if you haven't done this one, DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment