BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Charities

I have been so blessed in my life so one of the things that I had to include was giving back to a charity. I put up a poll with a few charities that are near and dear to my heart. If y'all would vote, it will be open until next Sunday.

Here is a little info on each of the charities:

Catholic Charities
I was adopted when I was just a few months old by my parents down out of Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia. This is obviously my personal tie to this charity but they do so much. They're mission is to improve the lives of the people of Eastern Virginia. While this is a national organization, I would want to give back directly to this one.
Catholic Charities

American Cancer Society
In an earlier post, I told y'all about a dear friend of mine who was diagnosed with leukemia. I think it is safe to say that almost all Americans know at least one person battling cancer, regardless of the type. This is a beautiful charity that educates, researches and supports patients across the country.
American Cancer Society

National Military Family Association
I come from a very pro-military family. My father, two uncles and grandfather all went to West Point and served in the US Army after graduation. The Military and their families deserve all of the support and efforts us citizens they protect give. We are so blessed to live in the greatest country in the world.
National Military Family Association

Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute
Clare Boothe Luce is one of my personal heroes who was a Congresswoman from Connecticut, among many other things such as editor, playwright, dancer, ambassador, socialite and journalist. The institute provides funding to conservative young women for training and guidance to become involved in politics. The Clare Boothe Luce Policy institute is the single most significant source of private support for women in science, mathematics and engineering. To date grants of more than $120 million have supported some 1,550 women.
Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute

No comments:

Post a Comment