BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 4, 2010

#3- Eat a whole UFO at the Taco Shop on St. George Street

For those of you who don't know what a UFO is, there is a Taco Shop on St. George Street here in St. Augustine, Florida (http://www.burritoworks.com/). On their menu they have the most amazing burrito you will ever eat. Ever. Now I do love myself a UFO every now and then but I eat one half of this beast and I am completely full.

#3 on my list was to eat one of these bad boys... the whole thing. After an eventful night of drinking on the town, now seemed like the perfect time to undertake this venture.

We got to the Taco Shop and I ordered my Chicken UFO with the works and spicy baja sauce. I got to talking to the guy who took my order (Canyon.. cool name right?) and I asked him if I could make it myself. Now please remember that I have had a few drinks and it is about 1 in the morning... Canyon told me no and that he could get fired.

A few minutes later he told me to get behind the counter and he would let me make my UFO.. Here's a picture of Canyon and I in our gloves getting ready to make THE UFO!




After Canyon showed me how to put all of the ingredients on the inside (chicken, rice, salsa, white baja sauce, onion, lime, cilantro and cheese) he showed me the trick to closing the whole thing together. After you fold up the tortilla into a neat package, you take a dab of cheese an put it where all of the edges meet and flip it over on the grill. You then put the weight thing (see below) on top and let the cheese melt to seal the burrito up!



After we let it cook for a little we had the finished product:




Now for the hard part... I had to eat this. I wish I had a better picture to show you the immense amount of food this is, for me. My brother, Jake, can finish one up, but I have never been able to. I ate the first half and was stuffed... but thanks to the support of my girlfriends, Allison and Jerilyn, I was able to, uncomfortably, push through the second half.




The end result:


No comments:

Post a Comment